Hot chocolate is one of my favourite winter treats. Especially if you are stuck inside during a snow storm and want to curl up with a good book and a warm treat. For this homemade hot chocolate I use high quality chocolate that has a high amount of cocoa in it.
This recipe makes about 4 servings so invite your friends over:
– 2 Cups of Water
– 2 Cups of Milk (if vegan you can use almond, soy coconut or hazelnut milk)
– 5 1/4 Ounces of Dark Chocolate (75% or more cacao) chopped
– 1/2 to 1 tsp Cinnamon
– 1/3 Cup Sugar (Or to taste)
– Cinnamon Sticks to Garnish
– Bring milk and water to a boil
– Then take off the stove and add the chocolate and mix.
– Then add the cinnamon and sugar and stir.
– Once it is all stirred, pour it into mugs and enjoy.
– I like to add frothed milk to the top so it looks nice .