Another all time family favourite! My daughters and I seem to bake them more in the winter because the smell of the ginger and molasses as the cookies are baking make the house smell even better. These are so soft and delicious you will have to make room for more than one!
– 2 1/4 Cups Flour
– 2 tsp Ginger
– 1 tsp Baking soda
– 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp Cloves
– 1/4 tsp Salt
– 3/4 Cup Butter
– 1 Cup White Sugar (plus some to roll the cookies in)
– 1 Egg
– 1/4 Cup Molasses
– With a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, molasses, and eggs together.
– Then mix in the ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt.
– Finally, add the flour and mix the dough.
– Scoop the dough (I use a mini ice-cream scoop) and roll it into balls .
– On a plate, sprinkle some sugar down to roll the cookie dough balls in. Then roll the cookies in sugar before putting them on a baking sheet.
– Bake at 350 degrees celsius until done.