Whipped ricotta with organic honey and toasted pecans. Topped with figs and drizzled with balsamic reduction on toasted spelt raisin bread.
I have recently fallen in love with figs… they look beautiful and taste even better!
– 1/2 Cup Organic Pecans Chopped
– 1-2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
– 1 Cup Light Ricotta Cheese
– 1 Tbsp Lemon Rind
– Fresh Large Figs – cut into quarters
– 1-2 Tbsp Organic Raw Honey
– Balsamic Reduction (see recipe below)
– Organic Raisin Spelt Bread
1. Toast the pecans in a frying pan on the stove for about 5 minutes.
2. As soon as they are done, add 1-2 Tbsp of maple syrup to the pan and stir with the pecans.
3. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix together the organic honey and lemon rinds.
5. Take as much ricotta as you will need and add it into your organic honey & lemon rind mix.
6. Toast your spelt bread
7. Spread the ricotta on the bread and top with the figs.
8. Add your maple pecans on top.
9. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Balsamic Reduction: How to transform a meal from boring to sophisticated:
– 1 Cup of good quality Balsamic Vinegar.
– 1/2 to 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar.
– A dash of fine salt.
— Bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil.
— Add in the sugar & salt and turn the heat down.
— Let it simmer about 15 minutes.
— WARNING: Continue to whisk so it will not burn.