On a crisp fall day, a cold winter morning, or fresh summer night this recipe is always a favourite. To make the recipe a little healthier, you can also reduce the sugar and fat.
– 4 eggs
– 2 cups sugar
– 1.5 cups canola oil
– 14 ounce can of pure organic pumpkin puree (I like the one with spices in it)
– 3 cups flour (again see notes below for gluten free options)
– 1 tbsp cinnamon
– 2 tsp baking soda. For gluten free baking soda use Bob’s Red Mill!
– 2 tsp baking powder, again Bob’s Red Mill does gluten free.
– 1 tsp salt (optional)
– 2 cups raisins (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
2. In another large bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until all lumps are gone. Be sure not to over-mix 🙂
4. Butter or spray the baking tins to prevent sticking.
MUFFINS: Bake at 350 degrees celsius for 15-20 minutes.
LOAF: Bake at 350 degrees celsius for 50 for loaves until toothpick comes clean when tested. Can also put in a bundt pan which I usually do.
Fat Reduced option:
4 eggs or equivalent in egg whites
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
14 ounce can of organic pumpkin with the spices
3 cups of flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp of Baking powder
1 tsp of salt( optional)
2 cups raisins ( optional)
Can add walnuts if you like nuts
Follow the same cooking directions as above.
Flax seed eggs: Mix 1 Tbsp of flax seeds with 3 Tbsp of water. Let it sit for 15 minutes per egg before adding it to the recipe!
Gluten Free Flour: You replace the regular flour with GF flour with a 1:1 ratio. Friendly reminder, buy the GF flour that has the xanthan gum in it. I usually buy Robin Hood.