Who doesn’t like energy balls?
If you’re rushing out the door in the morning, looking for a pre-workout snack, or a healthy treat to satisfy your cravings… these energy bites are the perfect fix! The best part about these energy balls is that they’re made entirely from natural ingredients and are supoer easy to make!
– 1 Cup gluten free oats (I use the large flakes)
– 3 Tbsp organic cocoa
– 1/3 Cup organic unsweetened coconut
– 1/3 Cup craisins
– 1 Tbsp chia seeds
– Feel free to add flaxseeds if you like
– 1/4 Cup chocolate chips
– 1/3 Cup nut butter of your choice
– 1/3 Cup raw organic honey
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1/3 Cup almond flakes (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine the oats, cocoa, coconut, crasins, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and chocolate chips.
2. In another bowl combine the nut butter, honey and coconut oil. Microwave these ingredients until melted.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula or spoon (not a blender)
4. Add the coconut and almonds.
5. Roll the dough into balls and then roll in coconut to coat the outside.
Store the energy bites in the fridge in an air tight container.