My Famous Barry household Peanut Butter Cookies! Whenever we’re looking to bake something we go straight to this classic PB Cookie recipe. The best part about this nutty treat is that there are so many variations on how you can make them!
This recipe is over 30 years old and is absolutely a family & friend favourite!
– 1/2 cup shortening (can use vegan butter for this too)
– 1/2 cup peanut butter (can use any nut butter you choose )
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 1/4 cups flour (can use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– I usually double this recipe so I can freeze a dozen for an emergency treat
– If you’re using gluten free flour (Bob’s Red Mill) you’ll need to add xanthan gum for best results. For cookies you will need to add 1/4 tsp per cup of GF flour. However, some GF flours have Xanthan gum included so be careful!
1. In a bowl, use a mixer to cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and eggs.
2. Add in the baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix well.
3. Scoop the dough into balls and place onto a cookie sheet (I use a mini ice-scream scoop for consistency in size).
– Set the oven to 375 degrees Celsius
– Cook for 10-12 minutes
– Every oven temperature is so different, so please adjust to your own!